Global Aperture After three years of supply chain disruptions from the global pandemic, the Federal…
COMMERCIAL ANNOUNCEMENT on COVID-19
On March 12th, 2020, The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the ongoing global spread of the Coronavirus (COVID19) a pandemic. The pandemic announcement exerted additional pressures on a strained transportation industry. The evolution of government actions and changes in circumstances from the pandemic have been unpredictable and fast-moving. Forecasting future movement in cargo carrier capacity has become erratic due to the fluidity of the situation created by factors beyond our control, including but not limited to governmental measures, states of emergency, and carrier restrictions enacted in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and related changes in market demand.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and government action, carriers have outright cancelled, and/or partially suspended service to a growing number of countries and cities around the world. Individual carriers are addressing the situation on an ad-hoc basis as new information and governmental measures are released. In many cases the government actions and carrier reactions come with little or no notice period.\
- Globally, national, regional and local governments recently announced a range of governmental actions addressing the spread of Covid-19. These measures are having an adverse effect on cargo carrier capacity and operations.
- These government actions and the Covid-19 pandemic are beyond the control of World Wide Customs Brokers. They are unforeseeable and are by their nature ‘Force Majeure’ events as they impact and prevent our ability to provide services to our customers.
- In these circumstances World Wide Customs Brokers shall be relieved of any liability under any contract to the extent that such liability is caused by the consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic or government actions.
- In view of this force majeure situation, World Wide Customs Brokers reserves the right to modify all or part of its services, to change its working procedures and the agreed rates, to charge surcharges or otherwise to take measures to adjust its business operations and obligations towards customers to address the then prevailing circumstances arising as a direct or indirect result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
This announcement applies to all World Wide Customs Brokers Transportation Services, including our Air Freight, Sea Freight, Ground Freight, Customs Brokerage and Logistics. World Wide Customs Brokers is continuously monitoring the situation and will provide further updates as the information becomes available.
If you have any questions, please contact your local WWCB representative. Thank you, we appreciate your business.
Visit Our Website at worldwidecustoms.com
World Wide Customs Brokers Ltd.